While Noxcrew hibernated for the winter, our industrious MCC Island Dev team have been hard at it, bringing exciting new features to Dynaball, as well as some other fun additions to some of our other games!
Dynaball - New items, new maps and new features!
⚔ Battle Box - Kit view
Parkour Warrior Survival tweaks
⛓ Changes to Queue Punishment system
Let’s see what they’ve been up to!
Two new items are waiting to be discovered when cracking open those item crates!!
Osha guidelines say you shouldn’t throw an active drill but we’ll allow it just this once.
Send this drill spinning at a block and it will burrow inside it, weakening the stack. A few moments later, it will drill out the longest line of blocks from that point in opposite directions either horizontally or vertically.
This should stop those pesky towerers in their tracks!
A mini TNT-time in the palm of your hand!
Point and click to mark a location for detonation! After a brief delay, TNTs will rain from the sky on that spot, exploding immediately on impact.
New Maps 🗺
Wanna test your new toys? Then check out our brand-new Dynaball maps straight from the board game shelf!
Knight to E4! Flex those brain muscles and battle your opponents to checkmate… or just blow up the board; that works, too.
Daruma Otoshi is a Japanese game where the aim is to knock the blocks out from under a Daruma with a big wooden hammer without letting him fall.
Dynaball’s kinda the same, except you want the person on the blocks to hurtle to the floor :P
It's not just new items and new maps; Dynaball has had a few tweaks to ensure its ship-shape, including a few changes in how items are dropped and new ways to prevent the end game from becoming a game of how fast a person can pillar!
- Added a title that says Victory! instead of Game Over! for the winning team
- Crates now drop items in a predetermined rotation, e.g. you always get two levitation sparks and three TnT drops before the cycle starts again. This means you won’t be swamped with just one item.
- You can no longer replace blocks that were recently exploded (should prevent players from pillaring through an explosion)
- Fixed issue where you could temporarily place blocks outside the map area
- Fixed issue where blocks would sometimes drop named Acacia Wood instead of Repair Blocks
Battle Box ⚔
Unsure what kit you’ll have at your disposal? Never fear! Future equipment is now shown in your hotbar during kit selection. This includes the map’s base items and your selected kit.
Now you can see if you need that extra Speed Spark or if you should grab that Healing Orb instead!
Parkour Warrior Survivor
Just a few little bug fixes to make sure that points are rewarded properly and credit is given where it's due.
- Fixed issue where eliminations are not counted correctly when the game ends
- Fixed issue where winning before the final duel did not grant any quest progress for leap completion quests
- Fixed an issue where PW: Survivor's game popularity included players in PW: Dojo
Queue Punishment system ⛓
While this shouldn’t apply to most of you, we’ve done a quick brush-up on the Queue Punishment system, which should prevent those naughty rascals from escaping punishment.
- Punishments now apply immediately when your previous game ends if you are online on a server
- Receiving a punishment while in queue will force you to immediately leave the queue if possible
- All code that checked if you had an ongoing penalty now also checks if a pending punishment can be started.
- Queue penalties no longer start while on a game server (to prevent them already decreasing during a game)
- Fixed issue where punishment could apply when another punishment was already active
- Fixed issue where rejoining did not work on Battle Box’s 3rd round
- Fixed issue where you could join a different game if you left during Battle Box’s 3rd round
- You can no longer join PW: Dojo while under a matchmaking penalty.
- Fixed issue where the rejoin system would break when repeatedly changing servers.
This is just the start! The team have been doing a bit of pre-spring cleaning to get everything ready for another big year for MCC Island!
Keep your eye out for more updates very soon!